To refer a patient, please call (323) 442-5868.
To urgently transfer a patient, please call the USC Transfer Center (855) USC-BEDS (855-872-2337).
As a regional leader and provider for tertiary and quaternary services, the Keck Medical Center of USC offers immediate access to lifesaving care for patients with need for emergent treatment.
The Transfer Center is designed for immediate, multifaceted care, with a concentration of specialists across multiple areas of expertise ready to assist you and your patients when needed.
With one phone call, the Keck Medical Center of USC Transfer Center will provide you with direct access to an attending USC specialist and quick acceptance.
- Referring physician or hospital case manager calls (855) USC-BEDS (855-872-2337).
- Call is answered live by qualified nurse intake specialist.
- The nurse specialist works with the referring physician (or referrer) to determine the appropriate Keck Medicine of USC surgeon or specialist.
- An attending Keck Medicine specialist is immediately contacted.
- A three-way call then takes place among the referrer, selected attending Keck Medicine specialist and nurse intake specialist to address all immediate patient care needs.
- Real-time decision-making leads to expedited clinical acceptance.
- A nurse specialist and local case manager process transfer and transport needs, such as the rapid transfer service (ambulance service).
- Patient is transferred.
Rapid transfer program
As a regional leader and provider for tertiary and quaternary services, the Keck Medical Center of USC offers immediate access to lifesaving care for patients with need for emergent treatment. Our transfer program is designed to transfer critically ill patients to Keck Hospital of USC for procedures or treatments that cannot be provided at their hospital of origin.
Currently, Keck Hospital of USC manages ambulance or air transport transfers for patients with acute cardiovascular conditions, neurological and neurosurgical emergencies, GI bleeds, and other acute urgent orthopedic and reconstructive surgical needs, as well as a number of other urgent and emergent conditions. A rapid admission process ensures there are no delays in patient care.
For emergent cardiac transfers to Keck Hospital of USC, call (855) USC-BEDS (855-872-2337).